Friday, April 15, 2011

Elliott Project - Friday 4-15-11 Status

Parents,
Thanks to Royal Lawn & Landscape's Bobcat and the dump truck I borrowed we made great process today with just a minimal crew.  There was a WHOLE LOT of sod that needed to be removed and if we did it with just trailers like I was originally planning I think it would have been a two day job and a lot of sore backs!  We started at 1pm today and finished around 7:30pm, just as some sprinkles started.  We were able to get all the sod scooped up into the truck and then we dumped it at an area designated by Delhi Parks and Rec about one mile away.  It took about 16 trips for both fields.  We also got the new dirt delivered and spread out via the Bobcat and the small work crew.  
 
So at this point we are in very good shape.  My main goal today was to get the sod removed before it got soaked with rain, we did than plus we spread the new dirt!!  Tomorrow I will be out there around 8am to meet with the Bobcat operator but I don't think I need any help.  If it isn't raining hard, the Bobcat operator may attach his tiller attachment and blend the old and new dirt better.  We still need to run the dirt compactor however that doesn't have to be tomorrow, it can even be in a few days to a week after this spell of rainy days is over.  We may need more dirt... not sure yet. 
 
Thanks again to all that offered their help for Saturday.  That original plan is obviously no longer needed and thus I really don't need anyone on Saturday at all.   I may only be out there for an hour or two. 
 
Thanks to the crew that was able to come out on short notice today:
Mike Thelen
Lupe Mena
Jason Parks plus Dylan, Chase, and Noah
Bill and Kelly Cogswell (labor + pizza!)
Jesse Maysonet
Chad Baldwin
 
 
-Brian Kayser