Friday, April 15, 2011

Elliott Project - Update

Thanks to everyone that responded yesterday, I received a lot more response after my guilt trip J.

 

However, due to the fact that the forecast is not changing to our favor it looks like from about 8pm tonight and all day Saturday we will be getting a lot of rain.  Even if there is no rain on Sunday the dirt will be muddy and heavy. 

 

Royal Lawn & Landscape is donating their Bobcat and operator.  Once they are finished with their job today they are going to start this afternoon ASAP.  Plus I have secured a small dump truck from work that will pretty eliminate the need for a work crew at the dump site.  After meeting with Dave Thurston from Royal last night, he thinks it may not take too long to get the sod removed (especially with the Bobcat and a dump truck).

 

So… I only really need a handful of helpers TODAY if possible.  I don’t have an exact ETA for the bobcat but I plan on being out there by 2:30pm today.  I’ve also asked that the baseball-dirt dump be moved up a little earlier (it was scheduled for 4pm). 

 

Basically I want to get as much done today as possibly as  Saturday and the following week looks to be very wet. 

 

What I need today ,if you can make it out, is just a few people with rakes and shovels.  If time permits we will need someone to run a compactor – probably later around 5pm. 

 

For those that did email me yesterday or this morning offering to help on Saturday, I probably won’t respond to each of you individually since sending this update.  But I do appreciate all the offers of help. 

 

If you can help today, you can either email me or just show up.   Or call my cell phone after 2:30pm if you want to know if we need any more helpers.  Cell = 202-3095.

 

Thanks

 

Brian Kayser, President

Holt Jr. Rams Baseball

www.hjrb.org